Stepping into kitchen to cook something is not a norm for me especially I am not used to cooking ware, the ingredients and recipes. What's more? You will get an oily hair and body after a round of frying on a pan. And most important you need to clean up lots of bowls, pan, pot and etc. Being a housewife is never an easy job! I better be a working lady. Nevertheless, I do not deny that knowing how to cook is crucial! Being a single lady, I will choose to dine out as it will be easier and trouble free but honestly I get bored day by day with food outside and thinking if I could prepare myself as well. I can do the freshest and healthiest diet for my own by applying what I know as a nutritionist! But is there any machine which I can just throw in any ingredients and press any button to select the cooking method for me with satisfying result? The answer is no and yes.
I heard a lot of Philips Air Fryer from my friend. Didn't you? Philips Air Fryer is not a magic machine but it could help you to ease your work in a kitchen with a few buttons only.
I just joined Philips Indulge in CNY Workshop 2 weeks ago. The seat is limited and I am lucky to be the selected one. We are divided into 10 groups with 30 people in total. All participants are ladies. I was paired up with another 2 older women who were much older than me. They looked like housewives who knew some cooking (which I was kinda happy as later they announced the workshop would be conducted in a competition style). But I was totally wrong. Instead they don't familiar with the cooking. In the end, they told me they only helped in cutting as they were good with it. And I was told to be in charge of making sauces, cook the prawns and fish :'D Funny right?
Thus, I did it my way. Seriously how? Just follow what I understand from the recipe...
The chef Amy Beh told us to listen to her (stopped all the works) while she demonstrated the cooking method. She said she would gave us some time to do later. But in the end, I got more confuse with what she told. She read from the recipe and showed us which I can do it that way too. Well, "some time" indeed given but in a very limited time which made us very rush! To be honest, I don't like that way. The main purpose I came for the workshop is to learn something which the chef can shows us step by step while we following her!Now, I totally forgot how to prepare the dishes we cooked that day. The recipe I got was lost. I still think that step by step cooking guidance is better which I can remember even without recipe.
Anyway I respect the organizers and do as what been told. What mentioned above is just my 2 cents. Ahha talking too much, now it is advertisement time :)
Philips Airfryer TurboStar
Featuring a more compact design without compromising on capacity, the latest addition to the Philips Airfryer range continues to offer great tasting fried food cooked with up to 80% less fat. Not only is the new Philips Airfryer space-saving, but it is also time-saving as pre-heating is no longer needed. It comes equipped with Philips TurboStar technology that enables users to fry with little or no oil and produce food that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The TurboStar technology also cooks fried food 50% more evenly and faster with no turning needed.
In conjunction with Chinese New Year, Philips has released a limited edition red Philips Airfryer (HD9623/31- red colour) to liven up the kitchen with the festive colour.
The Philips Airfryer is also available in digital versions (HD9640 at RRP RM1,399 and HD9643 at RRP RM1,499)
*Anyway some places sell cheaper. You could get it at RM899 only. I forgot the place but I saw the flyer.
The ingredients prepared by the organizer.
Organic ingredients by Alce Nero (This is my first time heard of this brand)
Tadah....all this was done with sweats.
Even though the cooking class is not fun as what I imagined, Philips Air Fryer is a good kitchen helper. This is especially true when you no need to clean up the whole kitchen after cook. You don't get oily kitchen wall and working place after a week. They do it inside the fryer machine for you! But of course you need to clean Philips Air Fryer everytime you use it.
For readers who interested to cook CNY dishes with Philips Air Fryer, you can have a look at below:
|TAMARIND HONEY PRAWNS|
2) Mix tamarind pulp with 150 ml water. Mix well then strain the tamarind juice.
3) Combine tamarind juice with salt, organic extra virgin olive oil, and organic wildflower honey in a mixing bowl.
4) Put prawns into the mix and set aside to marinate for about 20 minutes.
5) In the meantime, fry dried chilies, curry leaves and onion in hot oil until crispy. Set aside.
6) Add an additional 1 – 2 tbs organic extra virgin olive oil to the marinated prawns.
7) Place marinated prawns onto PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar basket. Grill at180° C for 12-15 minutes or until prawns are done.
8) Remove and add accompanying ingredients. Serve at once.
|GRILLED SPICY FISH WITH WONDER MUSHROOMS|
2) Mix lemongrass and kafir lime leaves with combined seasoning.
3) Toss mushroom pieces and capsicum pieces with combined seasoning.
4) Place the mushrooms and capsicum pieces into the PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar basket. Turn temperature to 200° C and set time for 5-6 minutes.
5) Once done sprinkle over with some toasted sesame seeds before serving with the grilled fish.
TONG KWAI FLAVOUR ROASTED PORK
2) Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper towels.
3) Prick the skin with a sharp skewer all over to enable the skin to blister evenly and thoroughly during roasting.
4) Score or cut small, uniform gashes in the surface of the meat side and rub combined marinade (B) over the meat and sides.
5) Turn meat over and rub organic apple cider vinegar followed by salt onto the skin. Wipe the skin with kitchen paper towels to remove any excess water or liquid.
6) Place prepared pork piece in a plastic container. Leave the skin side up without covering the container. Keep in the refrigerator overnight to dry the skin.
7) Set the pork belly onto the PHILIPS Airfryer TurboStar basket and grill at a temperature of 180°C. Roast for 40-45 minutes or till the skin is evenly blistered and crackling.
8) Remove roast pork from basket. Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve at once.
The Philips Airfryer with TurboStar technology is available at any Philips authorised retailer nationwide, at the Philips Brand Store in Publika Shopping Gallery Kuala Lumpur and Sutera Mall Johor Bahru and the Philips Experience Store in Bayan Lepas, Penang. It is also available online at the Philips Official store on www.blip.my or Lazada on http://www.lazada.com.my/ philips-official-store/.